Friday 2 March 2018

Production - Week 1

Production Week 1 

The production of my animation began on the 26th of February with the intention of going straight into scene preparation and keyframe animation. However, the main animation was put on hold for an additional three days as my backgrounds where not completely finished and needed to be done in order to finish the scene preparation beforehand. Animation began on the Thursday three days behind schedule due to the backgrounds and further complications where faced that resulted in on 8 second being complete this week instead of my expected 20 seconds that I would need to get done in order to reach my quota for this week. Another key problem I noted was that, having not animated with Toonboom in several months, I struggled to remember what tools where which and even the shortcuts for them. However, I have finalised my backgrounds and have begun keyframing the animation for the first four scenes in the opening. I have decided to begin with the easier scenes that require little animation in them, this included the establishing shot that only required a trucking pan and still frame scenes. I am hopeful that I can make up for the additional seconds I failed to do this week in the second week of production.

(Hallway shot; Though one of the long scenes, this shot is mostly a pan-in on the door.)

(Introduction; This scene ends with the introduction of Creak, the main character of the story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment