Sunday 8 April 2018

Production - Easter Holidays

Production - Easter

Over the course of the two weeks for the Easter Holidays, my productivity was boosted to a level I had seen only in the second and third week of production. From the Monday onward, I broke the animation into two separated parts, the first week would be dedicated to the second part of my film where I hoped to get at least 30-seconds of animation done while the later week would see me trying to finish the start and any other difficult scenes. The first week produced over 40-seconds of animation, reaching my set quota by Wednesday and the additional animation was finished bt the Saturday. Production slowed into the next week as I began to crash from working long hours throughout the previous week and thought I could achieve the same level of production into the second week. By Thursday evening of that week, I had little over 20-seconds done, no where near what I thought I would be. Pacing myself through the Friday and onto the weekend, I managed to meet the quota for that week, however I was frustrated that I would have to then extend my animation time and eat into the time I had set aside for composition. I surprisingly faced very little problems in the way of technical difficulties, only suffering through a rather annoying Toonboom crash that wiped nearly 40 minutes of work after the auto-save seemed to glitch out. My main problem was the motivation to finish my workload for the day as I often found myself doing other stuff other than the project.


(Toonboom; A finalized lip-sync that I colour tested.)

No comments:

Post a Comment