Saturday 23 September 2017

Character Influence - Major Film

Character Influences

With the character designs of the wolf and zombie, I wanted to do a style that was simplistic and yet would be easy enough to follow on-screen. Taking influence from the works of Genndy Tartakovsky, I began looking into concept art from animated films that featured monsters as the main aspect.



(Concept Art from Hotel Transylvania; Artwork done by Pete Oswald and Carter Goodrich)

These concepts where the first pieces of influence I took inspiration from, attracted to the concept of horror creatures in an unexpected situation. 


(Art by Tracy Liang)

(Art by Maxime Mary)



Some examples of influence I used in developing my zombie character; here I witnessed the ghoulish creatures express a quirky nature despite their normally terrifying stereotypes and I wanted to test what strange designs I could come up that where as half as interesting to look at as these character designs where for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment