Thursday 14 September 2017

Degree Presentation - Major Film

Degree Presentation - Major Film

During the first week of the course, we were asked to present our ideas for a short film this year to the lecturers with a short 5-minute presentation on the general idea. I had some materials already prepared for something like this during the summer; rough concepts and a general outline of the story. However it didn't really amount to much, so during the week we had to prepare, I digitally drew some character references in the style I was hoping to achieve and also a sample background where the colours had no outline.




Aftermath

Overall, I think the presentation went relatively well. I believe I managed to get the style I wanted to try and the the general theme of the short across okay, however I think I struggled to convey the actual story outline in a simple, clear way that was easy to understand. Though the slide show was there to help me, I found that I struggled even with it. However, the animation idea itself was not met with heavy doubts, so I took that was a potential likeness to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment