Friday 4 May 2018

Production - Fog Effect

Production - Fog Effect


To give the establishing shot of my film a bit more character, I decided to employ a Fog Effect to give the scene a more 'spooky' vibe to it. The scene comprised of several layers that made up the image and also already had a trucking shot in on the kitchen window of the house, so i know I would need to figure out how best to insert the effect without throwing the entire perceptive off.


After watching several tutorials on YouTube, I managed to create a believable Fog Effect by following the simplest tutorial I could find. By employing the Fractal Noise Effect, I created the Fog by messing with the effect controls and then duplicating the layer and changed it's settings also. This allowed me to create a thicker Fog that appeared to have more depth to it as it was not simply just moving one way or held the same thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment